|Create an account||The White Plains Daily Internet Newspaper...Founded 2000 A.D....|
WPCNR TRANSIT TIMES. From the Governor's Office. November 1, 2012: Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Thursday announced Full Service will be running on the Harlem (White Plains line) of Metro North between Southeast and Grand Central Terminal Friday morning. Several other major advances in the restoration of the region’s public transportation systems in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
The following restorations will be in effect for tomorrow’s commute:
Long Island Rail Road:
· Huntington Branch: Hourly service to Penn Station
· New Haven Line: Service will resume between New Haven and Stamford/Grand Central Terminal by midday.
· Harlem Line: Full service between Southeast and Grand Central Terminal will be restored Friday morning.
· In addition, Limited M service from Jamaica Center along Queens Boulevard, through the 63rd St. tunnel to 34th Street/Herald Square in Manhattan, began this afternoon.
Long Island Rail Road
· Bus service will be curtailed at dusk in the areas of the city where power is still out as was done yesterday, for the safety of pedestrians and passengers. The Brooklyn bus bridge will continue to run past midnight.
· Access-A-Ride began fulfilling scheduled appointments as of noon today. Thirteen of the 14 carriers are providing vehicles to assist in the evacuation effort.
· Bus service will continue to operate the same service levels, as will the subway support service. Normal routes will be restored as soon as conditions allow, including routes supporting the Staten Island Ferry when ferry service resumes.
|Designed and hosted by WestchesterInternet.com|
White Plains CitizeNetReporter - "We Are There Because They Are Not." - Connie Desmond White Plains CitizeNetReporter is dedicated to providing news and free community services through the internet
to the residents and organizations of the City of White Plains, New York.WhitePlainsCNR.com is a division of White Plains CitizeNetReporter.
All copyrights reserved. Email our Editor at email@example.com. Put White Plains news and headlines on your website! Click here to find out how!
PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.